Saturday, August 11, 2007

Worcester-YLGIMS!! & He Looked Great In HIS!!

Yes – the much requested YLGIMS is back and several other change ups tonight. But I’m getting ahead of myself.

Flew into Providence and drove to “wooster” but that town confused me and I was lost for a while before I found the arena and my hotel. I DID find 2 Urban virgins (one of them 6 years old!) to give a couple of my extra tickets to. Also tried to give one to an elderly woman standing alone in the box office line but I think she thought I was a shady character. Ah well – I tried!

DJ Debonair played a few different songs during set up today – including “We Will Rock You” which got the crowd stamping and singing. The DCU Center appeared to be pretty full – even the nosebleed seats in the third level.The seating was set up a little differently. It looked like they had a few seats (4 or 5) on either side of the catwalk – seats that would have been part of floor section 2, and then there were narrow aisles separating those seats from the bigger main floor sections 1 and 3. Some people in sections 1 and 3 probably thought they were next to the catwalk and weren’t, because of those section 2 seats. They also had the catwalk edged with tube lighting which they have only done at some of the shows (I know there were no tubes in Green Bay when I was right next to the catwalk.) Those tubes glow with red light during YTOM – I didn’t notice if they lit them at other times.

Keith was in good spirits and gave us several drop dead gorgeous smiles during the evening. ( In fact throughout the night I kept hearing groans and moans of delight from different ladies in the audience when Keith moved a particular way or they showed a particular yummy shot of him on the screen) He said he was “bloody glad to be back in Worcester” where I guess he played with The Ranch (he told his 6 people came to see them story). He said he was so glad the audience tonight came to see them rather than Justin Timberlake (who is apparently in town as well)- lol. He also recounted the very long journey he had to get there from the remote town where Nicole is currently shooting.

Early on there were a few little technical problems. I don’t think they had his guitar mike set quite right at first so Keith made several adjustments to the knobs on the unit he wears on his belt in back. And then a mike got away from him just as he was getting the audience to respond to his “Yeah, yeah, yeah” calls. But he takes it all in stride - the consummate performer!!

Tonight was Brad Rice’s birthday so of course we sang happy birthday to him – they didn’t say how old he is. The band did a little shorter set on the small stage, moving ITYS to the main stage tonight. I liked that because it was a much more boisterous ITYS – more like the album – than the acoustic ITYS they have been doing. I thought that number was really fantastic tonight.

Then he omitted ICSLY and did YLGIMS instead, which naturally got a big reaction from the crowd. ( No gals up on stage but he did point at gals in the audience when singing his little “you look might fine in my skinny wet teeshirt” lines)

And another blast from the past – the wallet chain was back!! I enjoyed Keith leading into DGB with a big “Oh hell yes!!” when the crowd immediately responded to the opening rhythm with cheers and claps.

He didn’t read any signs outloud, but did give a big laugh ( in the middle of a song) at the sign of a gal a few rows in front of me which read “70% Deaf – Let’s Read Lips”

I happened to be sitting next to the husband of that woman and he was not too pleased to be at the concert, but was there “to support his wife”. I had hoped Keith’s guitar wizardry would win him over by evening’s end, but he still looked pretty grumpy when he left (can’t win ‘em all!).

Cell phones were very in evidence tonight and this was one of the loudest crowds I’ve heard when calling Keith back for an encore with resounding stomping on the aluminum risers of the DCU, screaming, yelling Keith, Keith, Keith. We did do a very nice cell phone wave – I was glad because I missed it in Green Bay. He was funny when he told us this was the one time in the show when we could sit down (to do the wave) without looking boring and stuffy JHe sang Blister in the Sun again tonight but made the mistake of continuing on for a second verse, realizing too late that he didn’t know the lyrics (I’m not even sure there is a second verse!) so he had to improvise with “I don’t know the words but then you probably don’t either” as he was singing.

It was another warm sweaty night for Keith – I just love his when he flaps the front of his shirt up and down, playing peek a boo with his sweet belly. (I’d be happy to wipe his brow and neck, fan him, run ice cubes up and down his body – whatever it takes!!) When all the guys came out for their final bows Chris McHugh was feeling frisky and was kind of doing the bump with the guys on either side of him. And lately Keith has been making a final walk to each end of the stage after that last bow, waving to each part of the audience and showing his thanks to the crowd. Tonight he even blew a kiss!! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment