Thursday, June 25, 2009

Summerfest Here I Come


YAY! Time for another KURT (Keith Urban Road Trip)! Tomorrow morning I am off to Milwaukee's Summerfest. It will be my first time at what is billed as the world's largest music festival - "700 bands on 11 stages". Wish I could make it to the opening night concert by Bon Jovi this evening, but I just couldn't get away early. Nevermind - I am so excited about seeing Keith's show tomorrow night - especially with "special guest", the Counting Crows. The Crows have been a favorite of my daughters and myself since long before I heard the music of Keith Urban. I think this will be my 10th time seeing the Counting Crows and I'm really curious whether or not they will simply open for Keith or whether they might actually collaborate on a number or two.

I am also hoping to initiate a new member into the Urbanite clan tomorrow. My niece Becca, an Urban virgin, and her friend are using my extra tickets to the show. Becca is pretty cool about the prospect - she's coming because her friend and her aunt are 'country fans' but laughed at the notion that she might be hooked once she sees Keith live. We'll see......

No comments:

Post a Comment