Tuesday, July 7, 2009


Last night I went to a very intimate performance by acoustic folk artist Johnsmith. It was being recorded for broadcast on Iowa Public Radio with just a small studio audience. Johnsmith has a sweet expressive voice and nice style on, not only his acoustic guitar, but also on an unusual 8 string bouzouki shaped like a guitar (something that I have never seen before). And Johnsmith is a very talented songwriter - I was touched by every one of his songs. Sitting in the audience I was reminded of some of the acoustic artists I have seen perform at the Bluebird Cafe in Nashville on songwriter nights. This interesting fellow also takes small tour groups to explore the Irish countryside, then performs in the evenings at the Irish pubs his group visits! Jim said we should sign up!

Johnsmith - Kicking a Stone
Johnsmith - Don't Put Me in a Box
Johnsmith, Lipbone and Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment