Monday, November 9, 2009

Praise for Itzhak Perlman


This Sunday violin virtuoso Itzhak Perlman made a return visit to the University of Northern Iowa campus. I had a conflict the last time he played here so was pleased I was able to attend this  year's show. Throughout the evening Mr. Perlman and his very talented pianist had the rapt attention of the audience which filled the Great Hall of the Gallagher-Bluedorn Performing Arts Center and received several standing ovations. Although the entire performance was wonderful, I particularly enjoyed the 7-8 lesser known pieces that Mr. Perlman played during the encore and his droll sense of humor as he chatted with the audience - a quality which has, no doubt, endeared him to his audiences nearly as much as his amazing musical abilities. How anyone can move that bow so lightly, so quickly, so perfectly is beyond me - I couldn't keep my eyes off his finger and hand movements.

No comments:

Post a Comment