Saturday, October 2, 2010

Had a Blast With a Blast From the Past: The Temptations and Four Tops




This week  the Temptations and the Four Tops put on a show at the performing arts center on my campus. I had bought tickets as soon as they were available because their music brings on such nostalgia for me. I thought hubby would be able to go, but once again he was off on a business trip, so my BFF Joan joined me for a fun Motown evening.
I played Temptations and Four Tops music before all of my classes this week. Many of these 'youngsters' were not familiar with these classic songs from my youth (big sigh). It was a sold-out show at the Gallagher-Bluedorn PAC, but not too many in the crowd were college students.
Only a couple original members of these groups are still alive and performing, but the replacement members, including a "son of a Top", stay true to the music and style of the originals and recognize the departed members during the show. Both groups kept us rocking, singing and laughing, so if you have such an opportunity, be sure to say "I'll be there!"

No comments:

Post a Comment