Thursday, November 18, 2010

Oprah Let Me Down


It is that time of year when concerts are few and far between as artists end or pause their touring for the holiday season. I have been positively jonesin' for a show - especially a Keith Urban concert - but there are none to be had. Keith's new album (that I am slowly but exquisitely just beginning to digest) is wonderful, but only a little "live" Keith will begin to scratch my itch!
Well, a couple weeks ago Oprah put out a call, on The Oprah Show website, looking for the "Biggest Keith Urban Fan"! They were looking for fans to join them for the taping of the Oprah show where Keith will appear. As soon as I saw the submission site I decided "I'm In!" (as Keith would sing) and wrote up my personal Keith Urban story. I was hoping my dedication might earn me a spot in the audience. I even tallied up my mileage for my KU journey so far - since November 2004 I have traveled 86, 996 miles to 82 of his shows! But alas this afternoon the taping went forward without me : ( . Well Oprah, you could still fly me out to Australia with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment