Monday, July 8, 2013

Kenny Chesney in Des Moines


I was happy when my daughter Annie decided she could come down from Minneapolis and accompany me to Kenny Chesney's concert in Des Moines. We planned a rendezvous beforehand in Ankeny and caught an early dinner at my favorite seafood restaurant there. We left Annie's car at our Ankeny hotel and headed down to the Wells Fargo Arena, borrowing a spot in the nearby empty medical offices parking lot rather than paying the arena parking lot fees. An added benefit was that we would totally avoid the after-the-show traffic jam : )

I enjoyed the female opening act that Kenny had selected: Kasey Musgraves. I was not familiar with her gentle acoustic country music, but was especially happy when she covered Weezer's Island in the Sun.

Kenny, as always, put on a good show with a nice mix of old favorites and selections from his newest album. Here are just a few bits of his performance:

You & Tequila
Somewhere With You 
There Goes My Life 

After spending the night in Ankeny, Annie and I brunched in the morning and then each of use headed back home. Thanks for joining me kiddo!


No comments:

Post a Comment