Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Off to Houston to See Keith!


When the Houston Rodeo and Livestock Show finally released its full entertainment lineup I was so disappointed to see that Keith had broken his pattern of performing on or close to St. Pat's Day and was instead scheduled to perform on March 8 - a date, alas, that was a week before my Spring Break : (  The official tour wouldn't begin until 3 months after that - an eternity for the Urban-deprived! I was resigned however and told friends I couldn't attend this year.

But as the days and weeks went by Houston "called" to me, lured me. Thinking "well, I'll just look" I started to check on tickets, a hotel. The brokers and Ebay didn't have any tickets I was interested in. Even though it was quite late for buying tickets, I checked the Houston Rodeo's own box office. Lo and behold I found a 3rd row action seat!! Not center field but not too far to the side. My willpower being as pathetic as it is I bought it and set the planning wheels in motion. I found a room in a walking-distance hotel and a cheap flight. Now I just had to prepare for missing class - not too easy to do during our hectic midterm week. I tried using the university's system for videotaping a lecture. The software was not very cooperative because I am one who doesn't just stand there and lecture - I have links to web examples and lots of little videoclips to make my points - and that seemed to create problems, so I had to do several re-takes for each of my classes.
When I printed my boarding passes at home this morning I had to laugh. Now Delta prints not only your boarding pass, but also the weather and events at your destination. So they were kind enough to let me know that Keith Urban was playing in Houston on March 8!! : ) No kidding! 

No comments:

Post a Comment